All submissions need to be done in Standard Manuscript Format. This helps familiarize members with formatting a story to specific publisher guidelines.
For Saturday critique sessions, please refer to the following formatting examples.
- Submission Guidelines/Template
- Standard Story Manuscript Format Example
- Standard Manuscript Format Templates
Our expectations on Saturday critiques:
- Use Standard Manuscript Format, including proper page number format. If you have not reviewed this already, please do so. Do not assume you know what this means.
- Maximum word count is 5,000. Mark in the manuscript where the 5,000 word limit is the work is longer than that. (No work longer than 7,000 will be accepted.)
- File format should be .doc. Not .docx.
- Include your email address on the first page.
- Also, a small blurb noting genre, expected length of entire piece, and your expectations for it (contest, publishing, etc.)